Summer is upon us and we have a couple of steps to make your outside unit run in the most efficient way. When your HVAC is not clean, efficiency of the unit drops, and your AC won’t cool your home like it should. When your outside condenser is full of leaves and dirt and grime the unit loses power, it could drop by more than 30%. When this happens your unit will be at 60-70 % effective. Grab your water hose and place a power washer nozzle on it and you can spray the inside and the out side of the coil to clean it up. Its that easy. Also please check your inside filters to make sure they are clean and free of debris. Change out an average of every three months.
In your HVAC there is a blower and a fan that pushes heat or air out to your home, what ever the season might be, winter or summer. These blower wheels are designed to push air out. Any dirt on the blades will cause your blower motor to work harder. This makes your system draw more amps but pushes less air, and your system is less efficient. This of course makes your system get hot and lower the life expediency of your system. If the wheel and or motor gets really dirty your HVAC might stop working ! Maintenance is the number one item that should always be on the top of your list and Adam’s Air is the one to call. This is one of the many items we look at when we do inspections on your equipment. When it needs cleaning we will tell you, and we will clean it! For home owners, please PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!! Change your filters out, this is will cut down on dirt and hair collecting on the wheel and motor. Every three months is average, but in peak times we suggest every two months. Call Adam’s AIr today, 806-316-1103.
As you know preventative maintenance on your HVAC is very important. All the air that is in your home runs through the HVAC. Every year, every day, every minute your heater or air conditioner is on this takes place. Why is preventative maintenance important?
• Longer Useful Life– your HVAC can last up to twenty years if you take care of it. Simply changing out air filters will make a huge difference.
• Increased Safety– Biannual maintenance checks allows a professional to clean your system and inspect all parts of the furnace or air conditioner and coil. That’s why with Adam’s Air, we offer free Summarization and Winterization for home owners.
• Lower Energy Costs-An inspection from an Adam’s Air technician ensures your HVAC is running at its peak efficiency. If not checked before peak times of performance at the start of summer and winter, your system can lose up to 40% of its efficiency.
• Reduced Risk of HVAC Shutdown-Most heaters are not used for six months out of the year. We must remember, we do live in the Panhandle of Texas, and the dirt does blow along with everyday life. Your heater can have caked on dirt over the surface of the burners and the heating exchange. In the summer months the number one problem can be a plugged-up coil or a dirt filled coil that mixes with pet dander and other particles in your home.
• Indoor Air Quality-Adam’s Air is a firm believer in the quality of your air in your home. We want to stop the outside world coming into the inside world of your home. We can supply your home with the best in indoor air quality products from Air Oasis and other local companies. These products can and will make breathing inside your home easier and will have effects with anyone who has asthma, allergies and sinus conditions.
Adam’s Air wants to be your company that you call for servicing your HVAC. As our motto states, “We are a service company, not a sales company”. Call us today to schedule an appointment to inspect your heater or air-conditioner today and remind us to speak to you about indoor air quality.
Carbon Monoxide is not a good thing to breathe in. It can cause serious problems and even death! The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention claims this is the silent killer. Carbon Monoxide or ‘CO’ as we will call it, is an odorless, colorless gas and it can kill you. CO can be found in fumes anytime you burn fuel. Cars, trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas ranges, or furnaces. CO can build up indoors and poison people and animals.
The symptoms are headaches, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pains, and confusion. Everyone is at risk for CO Poisoning. Infants, the elderly, people with chronic heart issues, anemia or breathing problems are more likely to get sick from CO. Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional CO Poisoning, 20,000 visit emergency room and more than 4,000 are hospitalized.
They’re easy and simple steps and common sense to keep CO poisoning from your home.
Install a battery powered CO alarm. If you already have one be sure to change the battery when the time changes in spring and in fall. And replace your alarm at least every five years. Adam’s Air can install these alarms for you. Have Adam’s Air check your heating system for you, and have a plumber come out and check your water heater. Never use open flamed heaters indoors. Make sure your gas appliances are vented properly. Have your chimney checked or cleaned every year. Chimneys can be block by debris. NEVER use your gas cooktop for heating a home. And in the cold weather please pull your cars out of the garage when starting them, of course make sure the doors are locked.
Adam’s Air offers a free Winterization on your home furnace for home owners. It is a 20 point inspection and we can tell you anything telling about CO and your system. Give us a call today, 806-316-1103.
You know your condensate drain is clogged when you see water on the floor, or if you are seeing what could be water coming through your ceiling into your home this could cause even more costly problems. You see the drain pulls excess water from your systems and sometimes with our weather and wind and dust the drain will clogged up not only with dirt but it the water sits for a while it could carry mold, mildew and bacteria and mix with the water and dirt. When this happens the drain pan backs up and sometime flows over the top and that’s when you can get water damage.
The best preventive maintenance you can do is call Adams Air at least a couple of times a year so we can perform a Winterazation and Summerazation on your HVAC, to make sure your system is ready for hot and cold weather. We also check your coil and your drain to make sure it is in working order. Call us today to schedule your appointment, at 806-316-1103.